Most people?s definition of the components of health known as Fitness and Vitality differ so much. However, it is imperative that one knows what these are to be able to set realistic goals for improving one?s balanced health. Note the word ?balanced?; that?s what life is really all about.
Now, before one begins an exercise regimen or work-out plan, suffice it to say that you have to know what it is you want to accomplish for the body as there are several elements to fitness and vitality.
Exercise scientists have identified nine elements that comprise the definition of fitness. The following lists each of the nine elements and an example of how they are used:-
- Strength – the extent to which muscles can exert force by contracting against resistance (holding or restraining an object or person)
- Power – the ability to exert maximum muscular contraction instantly in an explosive burst of movements (Jumping or sprint starting)
- Agility – the ability to perform a series of explosive power movements in rapid succession in opposing directions (Zigzag running or cutting movements)
- Balance – the ability to control the body’s position, either stationary (e.g. a handstand) or while moving (e.g. a gymnastics stunt)
- Flexibility – the ability to achieve an extended range of motion without being impeded by excess tissue, i.e. fat or muscle (Executing a leg split)
- Local Muscle Endurance – a single muscle’s ability to perform sustained work (Rowing or cycling)
- Cardiovascular Endurance – the heart’s ability to deliver blood to working muscles and their ability to use it (Running long distances)
- Strength Endurance – a muscle’s ability to perform a maximum contracture time after time (Continuous explosive rebounding through an entire basketball game)
- Co-ordination – the ability to integrate the above listed components so that effective movements are achieved.
Well, from the elements above, it is quite clear to see that when working out, we have to have some set goals in mind to attain a complete workout.
But no worries here are some suggestions:
- The Yoga Sun Salutations.
- The Use of Hindu Squats, Hindu Push-ups and Bridging.
- Super-Setting with the Ab-wheel, Pull-ups and Push-ups.
- A CHANGE IN YOUR DIET: This is the time to look into raw and/or properly cooked fruits, leaves, herbs and occasional root vegetables.
Of course, time and space can?t allow me to go into detail with each but; the choices above definitely will come in as extremely handy for increasing one?s fitness, vitality and overall health naturally and effectively.
Here?s to health.